Re: [Xen-users] DomU suspension/hibernation

Ian C,

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 03:04 -0500, David Sutton wrote:

> Thanks for the information. I decided to have another look over
> xendomains on xen-4.2.2 this evening, as I decided I wanted it to
> work. There were a few interesting things broken in there - for
> example, I can't see how the zombie testing code would work as neither
> formats of "xl list -l" give the state (and I couldn't see how it
> would be trying to get that, even if it were)
>

> I managed to patch it so it was working for me. I rewrote most of the
> functions which had been using "xl list -l" to use
> "xenstore-list /local/domain" instead

Thanks for doing this but I'm concerned that a change of this magnitude
is too much for post rc5 of a release, assuming you were intending to
propose this for 4.3 with a view to getting it backported to 4.2. We
don't generally take stuff directly into 4.2.

If someone could find a targeted fix to the JSON parsing then that has a
much higher chance of acceptance, I think.

If we are going to rewrite this code for 4.4 (which is something I think
I would support!) then I think it might be better to do it as "xl
autosave" and "xl autorestore" rather than continuing to try and parse
either JSON or SXP from a shell script (which is just a losing
proposition really).

Ian.

  The patch was provided as a proof of concept of a way for xendomains to be able to handle scaning through multiple domains without having to try and jump through hoops getting bash script to manipulate json data retrieved from "xl list -l" - xendomains uses that function for more than just domain save/restore functions, its also used in status checking as well. Use if and/or when it seems right.

Regards,

  David