Re: [Xen-users] DomU suspension/hibernation

Yeah this is new behavior.  The only things I have changed so far are applying the patch
and editing the xl.conf file to reflect  "OUTPUT_FORMAT=sxp".

Now I'm second guessing if I have applied the patch correctly.

Here are the lines from the new file

Lines 32 -39

CMD=${SBINDIR}/xm
HEADCOMP="LinuxGuestRecord"
$CMD list &> /dev/null
If test $? -ne 0
Then
         CMD=${SBINDIR}/xl
         HEADCOMP="Xen saved domain"
Fi

Line 260

If [ -f $dom ] ; then

Okay, line 262, then... not 260.

Right, when I remove the sxp, it works find for one guest guests but I am also getting an issue with more than one guest....

Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs State    Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  1021     2 r-----     122.2
vpn2                                         9   192     1 -b----       0.0
win                                         10  2037     2 -b----      21.5
root@xen6:/etc/init.d# service xendomains stop
Shutting down Xen domains: vpn2(save).....
 vpn2(save)..........................
 win(save)
An error occurred while saving domain:
10 is an invalid domain identifier (rc=-6)

!
(shut)
An error occurred while shutting down domain:
10 is an invalid domain identifier (rc=-6)

!
 *   [done]
root@xen6:/etc/init.d# ls /var/lib/xen/save
vpn2

The two vpn2(save) are not good.

root@xen6:/etc/init.d# ls -al /var/lib/xen/save
total 2090892
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root       4096 Jun 18 21:25 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root       4096 Jun 18 21:25 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2141058115 Jun 18 21:25 vpn2

Looks like the windows domain has been save with the wrong name. In fact, I can restore it manually and it is the HVM.

Let me re-check my scripts. I may have used an old one by mistake.