[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-users] DomU suspension/hibernation

On 19/06/13 00:32, David Sutton wrote:

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Ian Murray <murrayie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 18/06/13 22:07, David Sutton wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Ian Murray <murrayie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah this is new behavior.  The only things I have changed so far are applying the patch and editing the xl.conf file to reflect  "OUTPUT_FORMAT=sxp".

Sorry for the confusion - The patch in question probably fixes the syntax issue that I notes on the vanilla 4.2.2. 


In fact, I wrote the patch. The only thing it does is look for a different header string in the SAVEd file if your using xl because it is saved differently by xl. It also adds some quotes around a string that can contains spaces, which caused errors.

I think you're right. xendomains is still broken as far as I can tell. I had this all working with non-JSON and some slight mods to the regex, but it seems that even that is broken now and it doesn't work with JSON output if there is more than one domU. Damn!

Thanks for the clarification. I'm intending to test the latest RC tomorrow (and update the ArchLinux AUR package I use) so will take a look at xendomains then and see about what it would take to fix; i'm thinking that making use of xenstore-ls, xenstore-list and xenstore-read would work - so get all the domain ids, then extract out the necessary metadata fields for each one.



Glad you can make tomorrow. I can't alas. I believe the reason why xendomains is failing for sxp format is because under 4.2.2 it appears that  xl list -l is returning domid of -1 for all domU's for some bizarre reason. I have a 4.1.x system and that is working correctly so that would appear as a regression.

In terms of it running under JSON, I just think the regex needs a bit of a tweak, although it's not happening (the tweak!) for me right now. It looks to me like it's not properly picking up the { which is equivalent to the (domain part in sxp format. So I think it's not clearing the name and id at the start of the domain data, so you briefly end up with previous domain name and the current domID combination which causes the foul-up.

If it is just a regex tweak and there was to be another RC for 4.3 it would be nice to get this in. Xendomains seems to have been broken for so long now at least for xl, it would have been nice to have it working in a release and that's were I thought we were, alas.

A re-write would also be nice but tbh the only metadata it seems to need is name and id (and probably actually only needs id). Being dependant on formats of other commands isn't great though, IMHO.


Ian M.
Xen-users mailing list



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.