Re: [Xen-devel] S3 resume issues

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:09 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Yeah, but serial_resume() doesn't call their resume handlers
>>> unless their state is serial_initialized, which it can get to only
>>> through serial_parse_handle() seeing the right handle.
>>
>> hmm, OK, I guess I missed that part.
>>
>> I'll look closer today, to see if there is something in the config
>> space of this device that isn't getting preserved.
>
> Config space of a non-PCI device?

Your reply made me second-guess my assumption about the device - I
thought you meant to imply that it must be going through the PCI path
(perhaps I read too much into this)

I have been working under the assumption that the device at 0x3f8 is
not a PCI device, because of the io base... and never really verified
that it wasn't going through the PCI path. I suppose a PCI device
could provide that device, as well.

I'll have to look around for the Panther Point Chipset docs, to see if
it mentions anything about this.

Ben