Re: [Xen-devel] S3 resume issues

>>> On 14.01.13 at 23:00, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've managed to reproduce this failure on some hardware that gives me
> some hope of debugging it: A mobile Intel SDP machine.
>
> With this machine, I have a little BIOS POST display, giving me whole
> byte of debugging information that I can use as a "got here" status,
> instead of the CMOS poking.
> Liberal sprinkling of writes to ioport 80 once again points to IRQ
> related problems.
>
> Removing SMP from the equation, I seem to going through the following
> code stack:
>
> rcu_check_callbacks()
> process_pending_softirqs()
> rcu_barrier_action()
> rcu_barrier()
> enter_state()
>
> I'm kind of wandering around in the dark, at this point - do you have
> any pointers, as to what I should be looking for?

Not immediately, i.e. without looking at what might be involved
there. But this is different from the call stack you posted
yesterday... And just to recap - are you not getting out of there,
or is the system dying in some way? In the former case, try adding
another rcu_barrier() right before the call to acpi_sleep_prepare(),
and check that num_online_cpus() is really 1 at the already present
rcu_barrier(). In the latter case, tracing it to the point where it
hangs/shuts down/crashes is probably the only way.

Jan