Re: [Xen-devel] S3 resume issues

>>> On 03.01.13 at 22:26, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You have suggested storing some info in  CMOS data... how would I even go
> about doing that?

The usual port 0x70 and 0x71 accesses, just coded directly in
assembly inside the trampoline code.

> ...and what would you suggest storing there?

Initially, just some indicator that you got to a certain point. You
could, for example, simply increment the year:

        movb    $RTC_YEAR, %al
        outb    %al, $0x70
        inb     $0x71, %al
        incb    %al
        outb    %al, $0x71

(if necessary in the place you put this, saving/restoring %eax
and/or eflags may need to be added).

Jan