Re: [Xen-devel] S3 resume issues

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not immediately, i.e. without looking at what might be involved
> there. But this is different from the call stack you posted
> yesterday...

They both take different paths to get there, but they both seem to be
stuck in the for loop in __do_softirq()
I didn't verify the SMP case, but at least in the case of booting with
"nosmp" - the rcu_pending() call is always true - so we seem to be
stuck in an infinite loop.

> And just to recap - are you not getting out of there,
> or is the system dying in some way?

It seems to never get out of __do_softirq()
On the lenovo systems, this seemed to exhibit itself differently than
on the Intel SDP, going back to the pulsing power LED.

So, it is not crashed, but iit is certainly not proceeding the way it should.

> In the former case, try adding
> another rcu_barrier() right before the call to acpi_sleep_prepare(),
> and check that num_online_cpus() is really 1 at the already present
> rcu_barrier().

I'll give this a try if the "nosmp" tack leads nowhere, thanks.

> In the latter case, tracing it to the point where it
> hangs/shuts down/crashes is probably the only way.

I'll continue down the rcu_check_callbacks() path, I guess.