Re: [Xen-users] Grant iomem access and map IRQs to a domU guest in Xen for ARM targets

Hello all,

On 06/17/2014 11:54 AM, Arianna Avanzini wrote:
> Yes, with this patchset the I/O-memory ranges you want to make available to a
> domU must be described in the dom0's device tree. This limitation of the
> current
> implementation has been pointed out by Julien Grall in his comments to the v6
> patchset ([1]).

I've sent a patch to remove this limitation. See:
https://patches.linaro.org/31985/

> As far as I remember, he is currently working on a follow-up to this series
> that
> will allow to use the iomem option even on memory ranges that are not
> described
> in the device tree ([2]). I believe that he will include it in his upcoming
> patch series for device passthrough.

FIY, I've sent an RFC to support device passthrough and interrupt
remaping yesterday (http://osdir.com/ml/general/2014-06/msg27779.html).

Let me know if you have any comment on it.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall