Re: [Xen-users] xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 15:35 +0000, Su Zhang wrote:

> Here is the output from git show:
>
> [root@XenTester linux]# git show
> commit 4c41042d1d4c29e596b31e2d14b26d2940fb24b4
> Merge: e9308cf bf164c5
> Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Sat Oct 15 08:29:09 2011 +1200

Bit dated and in the middle of a dev series, you might be better of with
e.g. v3.2.12 which was just released.

[...]
>         One other useful bit of information would be the output of
>                xenstore-ls -fp
>
> I've attached the output of xenstore-ls -fp as it contains too many
> lines.
> Does it look okay?

It seems to be missing the node which should contain the tty for the
console (hence the error message).

Have you restarted xenstored at all? If so then you may need to reboot
(might be a good idea anyway). Remember add the modprobe xen-gntdev to
the xencommons initscript somewhere before starting the daemons and
ensure that it is set to run on startup.

I'm afraid that if rebooting doesn't help then I'm at a loss. Might be a
virt manager thing I guess but I don't know anything about that side of
things.

> while the domain is (apparently) running and you cannot connect to the
>         console. Also "ps auxf" might be useful too.
>
> In fact, the domU can never be run, it always under blocked.  Here is
> the output of ps auxf:
[...]
> Does it look normal?

Looks ok to me.

I'm not sure why you can't connect to the VNC -- it appears to be up and
running. Perhaps a firewall issue?