Re: [Xen-users] xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 01:56 +0000, Su Zhang wrote:

>         This one might mean you need to "modprobe xen-gntdev". Which
>         may help.
>         What modules do you have loaded (e.g. the output of lsmod)
>
> When I run '', nothing happened:
>
> [root@XenTester xen]# modprobe xen-gntdev
> [root@XenTester xen]#
>
> Does it mean I've loaded necessary modules?

Yes, modprobe is silent on success.

> Following is  the output of lsmod:
>
> [root@XenTester xen]# lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
> xen_gntdev             10232  0
[...]
> [root@XenTester xen]#
>
> Could you please take a look and see if necessary modules are
> loaded?

There don't seem to be many Xen modules there. This may be OK if those
options are =y in your kernel configuration or it may be a problem if
they are =m.

Can you attach your kernel config please. Also the output of
        find /lib/modules/$(uname -r) -name xen\*.ko
might be interesting.

> [...]
> Following is dom0 kernel information:
>
> [root@XenTester xen]# uname -a
> Linux XenTester 3.1.0-rc9+ #1 SMP Mon Mar 12 18:18:34 CDT 2012 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> Is this dom0 kernel suitable to xen?

It should be fine. What exact changeset is it?