Re: [Xen-users] xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 15:03 +0000, Su Zhang wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:10 AM, Ian Campbell
> <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 01:56 +0000, Su Zhang wrote:
>
>         >
>         >
>         >         This one might mean you need to "modprobe
>         xen-gntdev". Which
>         >         may help.
>         >         What modules do you have loaded (e.g. the output of
>         lsmod)
>         >
>         > When I run '', nothing happened:
>         >
>         > [root@XenTester xen]# modprobe xen-gntdev
>         > [root@XenTester xen]#
>         >
>         > Does it mean I've loaded necessary modules?
>

>         Yes, modprobe is silent on success.
>
>         > Following is  the output of lsmod:
>         >
>         > [root@XenTester xen]# lsmod
>         > Module                  Size  Used by
>         > xen_gntdev             10232  0
>
>         [...]
>         > [root@XenTester xen]#
>         >
>         > Could you please take a look and see if necessary modules
>         are
>         > loaded?
>

>         There don't seem to be many Xen modules there. This may be OK
>         if those
>         options are =y in your kernel configuration or it may be a
>         problem if
>         they are =m.
>
>         Can you attach your kernel config please.
> I've attached the kernel config file I used to build this kernel.
>
>         Also the output of
>                find /lib/modules/$(uname -r) -name xen\*.ko
>         might be interesting.
>
> Here is the output:
>
> [root@XenTester su]#  find /lib/modules/$(uname -r) -name xen\*.ko
> /lib/modules/3.1.0-rc9+/kernel/drivers/net/xen-netfront.ko
> /lib/modules/3.1.0-rc9+/kernel/drivers/xen/xen-gntdev.ko
> /lib/modules/3.1.0-rc9+/kernel/drivers/xen/xen-gntalloc.ko
> [root@XenTester su]#
>
> Are all necessary modules included?

Of these only xen-gtndev is needed in dom0. Your config shows that
everything else which I would have expected has been built in.

>         > [...]
>         > Following is dom0 kernel information:
>         >
>         > [root@XenTester xen]# uname -a
>         > Linux XenTester 3.1.0-rc9+ #1 SMP Mon Mar 12 18:18:34 CDT
>         2012 x86_64
>         > x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
>         > Is this dom0 kernel suitable to xen?
>

>         It should be fine. What exact changeset is it?
>
> Could  you please let me know how can I find out what exact changeset
> it is? Sorry I'm not quite familiar with the Linux kernel structure.

If you got it by cloning git then "git show" will include the changeset
ID.

One other useful bit of information would be the output of
        xenstore-ls -fp
while the domain is (apparently) running and you cannot connect to the
console. Also "ps auxf" might be useful too.