Re: AW: [Xen-users] IPv6 and other problems

On 12/10/2011 12:16, Stefan Becker wrote:
How can i configure xenbr0, in the /etc/network/interface?!

IPv6 works great in the DomU...

Thanks

Stefan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Steve Allison
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2011 12:58
An: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [Xen-users] IPv6 and other problems

You could either configure ipv6 on xenbr0 as needed, or edit the xen config
and change the bridge name to eth0.

--
May the ping be with you ..

I'm not familiar with all the workings under the hood, however I assume it is done in one of these 2 ways:

1. The Xen network scripts take the configuration of eth0 *before* the bridge is created, and transfers it to the bridge xenbr0.
2. The bridge is configured in /etc/network/interfaces as usual...

I don't know which one it is, because my bridge is called eth0 and so eth0 is configured in the interfaces file, even though the physical interface is moved to peth0.

Interestingly I also use Debian/Xen (squeeze), all installed via debian repository and it doesn't use xenbr0 but eth0 instead for the bridge name.

--
May the ping be with you ..