Re: [Xen-users] IPv6 and other problems

Stefan Becker wrote:

I have a problem with my Debian/XEN Installation on my rental server. I
activated the bridge modus. But now I miss the eth0 and vif0.0 at my Dom0

See last week's thread entitled "XEN - networking and performance" - I don't feel like repeating all the stuff that's in there about configuring networking under Xen & Debian ! General advice is don't use Xen network-script - comment it out and use the native OS tools. - Use udev (/etc/udev/rules.d/<something-persistent-net-rules) to set your physical interface to a fixed and meaningful name. - Configure the bridge as an interface in /etc/network/interfaces, and bind your NIC to it.

The key is to configure your IP addresses (both IPv4 and IPv6) on the bridge, not the physical interface.

--
Simon Hobson