Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Pass-through in Xen ARM - Draft 2.

On 31/07/15 8:26 pm, Julien Grall wrote:
On 31/07/15 15:33, Manish Jaggi wrote:
Hi Julien,

On 31/07/15 6:29 pm, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi Manish,

On 31/07/15 13:50, Manish Jaggi wrote:
Ok, i will implement the same from pciback to toolstack. I am not sure
about the complexity but will give it a try.
With this xen-pciback will not create the vdev-X entry at all.
Can you send a new draft before continuing to implement PCI support in
Xen?
I am working on the Draft 3 and addressing comments in draft 2. I am
doing a feasibility of the stuff I put in draft3.
Well, I don't think that anything we say within this thread was
impossible to do.

As long as we are not agree about it,
I thought I was trying to discuss the same. If you have any point please
raise it.
What I meant is, this is a 40-messages thread with lots of discussions
on it.

A new draft containing a summary on what was said would benefits
everyone and help us to get on a design that we think is good.

   you loose your time trying to
implement something that can drastically change in the next revision.
I am only putting the stuff in the Draft3 which *can* be implemented later.
But nothing prevent someone in the discussion on Draft3 to say this is
wrong and it has to be done in a different way.

Usually the time between two draft should be pretty short in order to
get sane base for discussion. For now, we are talking about small
portion of design and speculating/trying to remember what was agreed on
other sub-thread.
ok will send draft 3 with the points on this topic as under discussion. Is that fine?

Regards,