Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Pass-through in Xen ARM - Draft 2.

On Fri, 2015-07-31 at 13:16 +0530, Manish Jaggi wrote:
> > > Secondly, the vdev-X entry is created async by dom0 watching on
> > > event.
> > > So how the tools could read back and call assign device again.
> > Perhaps by using a xenstore watch on that node to wait for the
> > assignment
> > from pciback to occur.
> As per the flow in the do_pci_add function, assign_device is called
> first and based on the success xenstore entry is created.
> Are you suggesting to change the sequence.

Perhaps that is what it would take, yes, or maybe some other refactoring
(e.g. splitting assign_device into two stages) might be the answer.

My current preference is for the suggestion below which is to let the
toolstack pick the vdevfn and have pciback honour it.

> We can discuss this more on #xenarm irc

Sorry I missed your ping yesterday, I had already gone home.