Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] [Xen-API] [Proposal] Additional mailing lists for specific purposes

At 15:12 +0100 on 23 Apr (1366729971), Lars Kurth wrote:
> On 23/04/2013 12:24, Tim Deegan wrote:
> >I don't think there's much use for separate committer/maintainer lists:
> >anything the committers or maintainers want to discuss in public can
> >just happen on the developer lists.  There won't be very much of it.
> True. The "problem" is that today everything related to governance that
> cuts across projects has to be posted on xen-devel, xen-api, .... (4
> Iists, but in future there may be more). I had a few individuals who
> approached me in the past complaining about the spam that was caused
> when the same mail is posted on several lists.

That's true.  I get those emails more than once, but my MUA is smart
enough to sort out the duplicates so it doesn't bother me.  I don't want
to speak for other people -- I can imagine it being quite vexing.  But I
think that having a separate opt-in list for this stuff (and so leaving
people out of these discussions) would be worse than the cross-posting.

> There may still be a case for an alias (not alist) that includes
> maintainers, committers and project leads of all projects to discuss
> sensitive issues off-record.

Sure.

Tim.