Re: [Xen-users] Keymapping problem with DomU VNC.

I don't know anything about keymaps specifically, but you can add arguments to qemu using

device_model_args=[ "ARG", "ARG", ...]

Pass additional arbitrary options on the device-model command line. Each element in the list is passed as an option to the device-model.

I'm not sure if that's honored unless you specify device_model_override also, in which case you can "override" it to the default:

device_model_override=/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-system-i386

I would keep the keymap in the "vfb=" line too, in case the Xen paravirtual framebuffer also interprets that argument in some way.

As for getting Dvorak, an alternative might be to use a VNC client that allows you to configure keymaps on the client-side instead of specifying a keymap in xl.cfg. It's also possible that qemu-xen isn't configured for some keymaps, in which case you could use upstream qemu provided by your distro and point device_model_override to it (although I don't know this for a fact).

See http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/man/xl.cfg.5.html#Device-Model-Options

Quoting Folatt <folatt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I have the following setup:

name = 'ArkOS_Dev'
bootloader = "pygrub"
#kernel = "/mnt/arch/boot/x86_64/vmlinuz"
#ramdisk = "/mnt/arch/boot/x86_64/archiso.img"
#extra = "archisobasedir=arch archisolabel=ARCH_201511"
memory = 2048
vcpus = 3
disk = [ "format=raw, vdev=xvda, access=rw, target=/dev/vm_volumes/root.ArkOS_Dev",
         "format=raw, vdev=xvdb, access=rw, target=/dev/vm_volumes/swap.ArkOS_Dev"
       ]
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:49:2b:a1,bridge=xenbr0' ]
vfb = ['vnc=1,vnclisten=0.0.0.0,vncpasswd=secret,keymap=bepo']
root = "/dev/xvda rw"

As you can see, I have chose bepo as my keymap (for testing, I ultimately want to use Dvorak, which is not standard in Qemu's keymaps for whatever reason.).

According to the Arch wiki qemu should be started with the '-k' option if it wants to
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/QE … o_not_work

So I rebooted and looked for the process that was running this program and found it.
However, the '-k' option is missing:

$ ps -ef | grep -e '-xen-domid 1'
root       496     1  0 Feb12 ?        00:00:11 /usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-system-i386 -xen-domid 1
-chardev socket,id=libxl-cmd,path=/run/xen/qmp-libxl-1,server,nowait -mon chardev=libxl-cmd,mode=control
-nodefaults -xen-attach -name ArkOS_Dev -vnc 0.0.0.0:0,password,to=99 -display none -machine xenpv -m 2048

So what am I doing wrong?