Re: [Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 15:50:46, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 06/04/2014 03:39 PM, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> > With those changes, I see Xen going further but hits a data abort.
> > Logs attached; I'll see if I can dig further.
>
> Sorry I forgot to answer to this part... I've copied a part of your
> log below.
>
> (XEN) CPU0: Unexpected Trap: Data Abort
> (XEN) ----[ Xen-4.4.0  arm32  debug=n  Tainted:    C ]----
> (XEN) CPU:    0
> (XEN) PC:     002470e0 gic_route_irq_to_guest+0x100/0x128
>
> Could you use addr2line -e xen-syms youaddress to get the offending
> line in the code?
>
> I suspect it's the irq_to_pending... if so I'm not sure why it
> happens.  Also could you print the IRQ number that Xen is trying to
> route to dom0?

It turned out to be a GCC 4.6 issue where the offset of vcpu inside
struct domain was wrongly generated as 0xe4 while it's 0xf8. I almost
forgot the recommendation to use GCC 4.8 in the Wiki. It goes past that
with 2014.04 tool chain from Linaro. My bad!

Xen is now launching DOM0. But next issue I'm now facing is that Linux
refusing to run when loaded at 0xa0008000 - it panics and complains
about failing to allocate memory in mm/memblock.c:memblock_alloc_base().
FWIW, I've built the kernel v3.14 with vexpress_defconfig and enabled
Xen and highmem support. The kernel however is happy to boot when loaded
at 0x80008000 (without Xen). The same with Xen though, the kernel
reports 'uncompression error'.

It's little to do with Xen, but are there any other options required to
be enabled in the DOM0 Kernel to run from 0xa0008000?

Also could you tell me at what point Xen jumps to guest entry? I tried
break at the eret instruction following the label return_to_hypervisor,
but the break point doesn't seem to hit.

Thanks.

--
Jeenu

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782