[Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jeenu Viswambharan <Jeenu.Viswambharan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 18:11:48 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 17:13:05 +0000

Hi,

I've built necessary files and setup uboot and board to boot Xen on
Vexpress following the Wiki page. But what I see is u-boot going silent,
presumably after it jumps to Xen. My logs are attached.

I've a couple of questions:

  - I've noticed from the Vexpress Wiki that the u-boot variable
    xen_addr_r is set to 0x80400000, but the xen-uImage is built with
    both load and entry addresses as 0x80200000. I also checked the
    xen/xen.axf file (from which xen/xen is built), and its entry too is
    0x80200000. I'm afraid to ask if this a typo/bit rot in the Wiki?

    Anyway, I retried boot procedure with xen_addr_r set to 0x80200000
    instead, but this time I got an UNDEF at instruction at 0x80200008

  - Are there any logs that I can enable in Xen so that I'd know what's
    going on?

Thanks.

--
Jeenu

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782