Re: [Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

Hi Jeenu,

On 06/04/2014 03:39 PM, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 14:16:57, Julien Grall wrote:
>> On 06/04/2014 02:14 PM, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
>>> So I take it that the Wiki (release tags, build instructions) are
>>> all up-to-date to be used with Xen 4.4.0? I'd have to connect my
>>> debugger to the board and see what's going on... :/
>>
>> Honestly I didn't try to boot Xen on the vexpress for 6 months now.
>> Xen may have been broken since this date.
>>
>> Did you try to enable early printk?
>
> Yes it helped and I got a bit further, but had to make the following
> changes:
>
>   - Move the u-boot tag to v2013.10 (rather than the RC), as Xen
>     complained that it must enter the CPU in NS Hyp mode. Clearly RC
>     wasn't doing that.

I've updated the wiki page to point to v2013.10.

>   - Xen was attempting to bring up CPU 2 and stalling there. But I
>     believe the idea was to leave A7s in reset and use only 2 A15s. So I
>     had to remove the Cortex A7 CPUs from the Linux DTS, and use the DTB
>     from there

We don't support big.LITTLE on Xen, so we have to drop either the A15s
or A7s.

It will surely need a paragraph in the wiki page about it.

> With those changes, I see Xen going further but hits a data abort. Logs
> attached; I'll see if I can dig further.
>
> Meanwhile, if you think the changes I made as above are valid, could you
> update the Wiki to reflect them?

I think it will be easier if you have an account on the wiki. So you
will be able to modify the page yourself.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall