Re: [Xen-users] Boot Error in converting VMDK/VMX to XEN HVM

Hi guys,

now thanks for bothering ;-)

I went a few steps longer and it seems like all comes down to the partition table and the NTFS entries in the boot sector of the actual NTFS partition.

Changing some of the values in order to get anything look like a 63 sectors/track harddisk, I get longer now. Now it isn't the MBR any longer that casts an error, now the Windows XP system really tries to start up, even showing the typical "safe mode/normal startup" joice as a first screen. However, whichever option I choose, I get a blue screen for 1/2 of a second and then the VM crashes; yes: xm list shows that the vm has stopped by itselv.

Ok, next steps I will try:

0) try out ntfsreloc on my currently nearly running virtual disk; if that doesn't work:
1) Fajar's approach to copy the ntfs content manually with nfsclone
2) and relocate the NTFS partition

You'll hear from me.

Best regards,
Stefan.