Re: [Xen-users] gplpv: re-enabling the nic adapter removes it

> I really need to see the frontend and backend xenstore when the driver is in
> a failed/hung state.

I should have mentioned the dom0 kernel version at the beginning. Must
have forgotten.
It is 3.8.8-1.el6xen.x86_64 not self compiled but taken from CRC's repo.

> Currently there is no timeout implemented, xennet just waits forever fort the
> backend to progress to the next state. I can put a timeout in there which
> will give you a more sensible error (eg windows will complain that device
> couldn't start or something) instead of hanging, but won't solve the
> underlying problem.

Yea, right now the problem is not irritating but makes me just curious
since some most people encounter it. Not certainly the end of world
but would help if the driver doesn't crash.

> You only included the xennet stuff in your logs so I can't see if xenpci is
> doing the right thing, I can't imagine it will tell me anything different
> though.
> Can you  also send me the end of the kernel logs as there should be some
> messages logged as the backend changes state.

Sure. Snippet of the logs is below. But I am afraid if kernel tells
anything but few telltale signs of what's happening other than telling
a vif is disabled.

 br0: port 3(vif159.0) entered disabled state
device vif159.0 left promiscuous mode
br0: port 3(vif159.0) entered disabled state
frontend_changed: backend/vif/159/0: prepare for reconnect

Thanks.