Re: [Xen-users] gplpv: re-enabling the nic adapter removes it

> > Ok so vif0 has state = 1 so it's not running, but everything else seems
> > okay.
> Can you do a xenstore-ls on the backend value, eg xenstore-ls
> /local/domain/0/backend/vif/158/0
> >

> Yea that's when the adapter inside domu was disabled and re-enabling
> crashed the driver. After a reboot, things come back and it shows a
> state of 4.

I really need to see the frontend and backend xenstore when the driver is in a
failed/hung state.

Currently there is no timeout implemented, xennet just waits forever fort the
backend to progress to the next state. I can put a timeout in there which will
give you a more sensible error (eg windows will complain that device couldn't
start or something) instead of hanging, but won't solve the underlying problem.

You only included the xennet stuff in your logs so I can't see if xenpci is
doing the right thing, I can't imagine it will tell me anything different
though.

Can you  also send me the end of the kernel logs as there should be some
messages logged as the backend changes state.

James