Re: [Xen-users] VGA Passthrough / Xen 4.2 / Linux 3.9.2

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 00:32:57 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 14 May 2013 23:34:42 +0000

Hopefully a penultimate update. In short - I have ATI Secondary Passthrough working and seemingly stable today.

1) I have _no idea_ what, if anything I configured differently compared to all the previous attempts over the past week. :(

2) Yes, it works fine on a dual socket system with NF200 PCIe bridges. NF200 is NOT a problem.

3) The only thing I can think if that I did differently today is that I eject the card immediately before running a game (testing with Borderlands 2). Eject the card, it immediately gets re-added, then launch the app. Hours of gaming without a single glitch.

4) No spurious AER PCIe errors like the ones manifesting with the Nvidia Quadro card.

If today's success sticks, I may just get a 7970 cometh pay day,

I'm going to try to figure out what, if anything other than reseting the card immediately before starting a 3D app is different. But I'm most pleased that whatever the problem was, hardware compatibility wasn't it.

Thanks to all of you who helped and provided encouragement that saw to it that I persevere with the effort.

Gordan