Re: [Xen-users] VGA Passthrough / Xen 4.2 / Linux 3.9.2

Aloha!

Gordan, I've been following this thread reading your very detailed and thorough analysis.  Like you I too am using an AMD Radeon (I have a 5870 and a 5750).  I'm also using a dual socket Xeon (5440 on Supermicro X7DWA-N).  I haven't gotten as far as you have though, not even close.  I never video to work, not even once.  I had to stop working on getting Xen to work because I'm involved in several development projects at the moment and just didn't have the time, but I hope to get back to it soon.

Kindly, would it be possible for you to answer some the following:  (it's a lot, so pick and choose, but I would like best if I could reproduce your environment).

1) Could you post your grub.cfg, kernel configuration (from /boot), and your xm's domU configuration file?
2) What distro and kernel version are your running?
3) Did you compile the Xen kernel or the dom0 kernel with any patches or are they stock?
4) Did you compile qemu with any patches?
5) What version of Xen are you using?  Still using the xm toolchain, yes?
6) Are you using 'radeon' OSS driver with Kernel-Mode-Swtiching or the AMD proprietary driver?
7) Are you using pciback compiled into the kernel or as a module?  How are you invoking it?
8) What version of Windows and what version of Catalyst are you using?  Are you also using CCC?
9) Is the dom0 running Xorg?  Is Xorg running on your primary (BIOS) or secondary card?
10) Which card did you pass through the primary or secondary?

What I would ultimately like to do is create a LiveCD for anyone attempting this in the future that's configured to some extent to run AMD cards using PCI passthrough.

But having followed your posts, I'm just amazed that you got it working, and now, seemingly flawlessly.  I just wish I could understand how.