Re: [Xen-users] ATI VGA Passthrough / Xen 4.2 / Linux 3.8.10

This problem continues to drive me nuts - not by it flat out not working, but by working _intermittently_.

For the past week, I had not managed to get ATI VGA passthrough to boot up once (BSOD every time). I was tweaking some boot parameters, and at one point it not only booted up without BSOD-ing, it actually managed full screen 3D applications, and completed a full GPU benchmark pass of Crysis!

So just to make sure, I did a full shutdown and cold-booted the machine again - BSOD after BSOD after BSOD.

Rebooted it again, and now it works again, including full screen 3D switching.

One thing I have established is that pci=resource_alignment=<id>;<id> kernel boot parameter makes the machine not boot at all. It looks like it wipes out the NIC by realigning things, and I need the NIC to work because the machine runs on NFS root (and the VM disk is an iSCSI share).

Has anybody got any suggestions on how I might debug this any further? It's really quite annoying having this _almost_ working. It also looks like if it works once, it will continue working upon guest restarts.

Gordan