Re: [Xen-users] gaming on multiple OS of the same machine?

Casey,

Wow:

> B)  When you install your ATI drivers, you need to do so on first boot so
> the card is fresh.  If you reboot Windows and not the whole machine before
> trying to install the ATI drivers, the card hasn't been "reset" and either
> the installation will BSOD or if you are successful the drivers are almost
> certainly bugged and you will have problems in the future.  My solution,
> reboot Xen before installing ATI drivers.  OR!  Use the USB Safe Device
> removal and then install them.
>
> To fix your BSOD you may have to safe mode reboot, uninstall the ATI
> drivers, reboot the entire computer (Xen), and then try again.

My first instinct on reading that was to literally facepalm myself.
Thank heavens I wear glasses.  :D

So Basically (or perhaps, "in essence") the drivers need to be
installed when the ID of the DomU is 1.  Fresh boot of Xen, first
post-Xen boot of the DomU with the device attached.  Gonna try that
now :)

I DO recall the FLR thing you mentioned.  Haven't run into that yet
because I haven't run into a successful install of the drivers :D

Thank you so much.  I most certainly would have screwed it up again I
think!  I'm on round 3 of Windows installation.  GPLPV is installed,
so let's see how this goes...

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky