Re: [Xen-devel] (v2) Design proposal for RMRR fix

>>> On 14.01.15 at 09:06, <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now the open is whether we want to fail domain creation for all of above
> conflicts. user may choose to bear with conflicts at his own disposal, or
> libxl doesn't want to fail conflicts as preparation for future
> hotplug/migration.
> One possible option is to add a per-region flag to specify whether treating
> relevant conflict as an error, when libxl composes the list to domain
> builder.
> and this information will be saved in a user space database accessible to
> all components and also waterfall to Xen hypervisor when libxl requests
> actual device assignment.

That's certainly a possibility, albeit saying (in the guest config) that
a region to be reserved only when possible is about the same as
not stating that region. If at all, I'd see the rmrr-host value be a
tristate (don't, try, and force) to that effect.

Jan