Re: [Xen-devel] [V3 3/3] amd/seattle: Initial revision of AMD Seattle support

On Thu, 2014-10-02 at 19:22 -0500, Suravee Suthikulpanit wrote:

> On 10/02/2014 05:24 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
> > I forgot to ask, did you check that the grant-table mapping (by default
> > mapped 0xb0000000-0xb0020000) doesn't overlap to the RAM or another
> > device on your platform?
> >
> > If it's the case I would define .dom0_gnttab_start and .dom0_gnttab_size.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Actually, the default mapping will be overlapped with where PCI MMIO
> region is supposed to be.  Are there any restrictions on the location of
> this can be? (e.g below 4G, alignment, etc.)

Not especially. Obviously it needs to be at an IPA which the guest can
map, so if you expect to run 32-bit dom0 (or even if you don't expect
but it is a possibility) then finding somewhere under 4GB would be nice
to have.

Alignment can be whatever, but again it might be nice to make it
somewhat naturally aligned.

We've got a plan to get rid of this annoying requirement to specify this
manually in 4.6...