Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Re: Xen 4.3 / 4.4 - concurrent APIs, VGA Passthru

On 08/18/2014 04:26 PM, Georg Bege wrote:
Hi

I simply wanted to tell my tale about the outcome of my experiments,
I was occupied with certain other things (including exchanging some
zpool's).
For now I run an Vista x64 and it works pretty well, I never got the
gplpv drivers running on
acceptable levels (they are still quite slow) so I decided to pass
onboard controller, sound and usb3.
This decission seemed to be a wise one and everything works great as
expected, the problem with gplpv
well it might also be a result of my volume scheme since I only run ZFS
- now an raidz1 (on enterprise disks though).
I also replaced the nvidia drivers from 331.65 to 337.88 - this revision
gave me a lot more performance but I can remember I had this issue on
native Windows too.

So after a lot of testing, pain, time consuming days (and nights) its
really working great - not perfect maybe.
My next goal is to dedicate an SSD for that system volume, maybe try
Win7 again as well -
also I'd like to get an GTX690 and hardmod it so I get a lot more speed...

Modifying it won't get you more speed.

I was originally planning to use a GTX690 and pass one GPU to each of my VMs, but I eventually replaced it with a pair of 780Tis.

I am running on a SSD backed zvol, with gplpv.

Gordan