Re: [Xen-devel] Testing xen-arm on Arndale

On 03/29/2013 06:57 AM, Sengul Thomas wrote:

>> Julien,
>> do you know whether they need to use the Arndale Linux tree you posted
>> on the wiki or if a vanilla Linux kernel should be used as DomU kernel?
>> That's something worth writing down in the wiki page to avoid
>> confusion.
>>

> Oops, my bad. vanilla Linux kernel 3.8.4 still has the same problem.
> I did not configure the processor type to Exynos (it was VE) when
> compiling the kernel.
> Linux kernel 3.8.4 still has the same problem and I'm digging into it.
>
> If we see the log below, in this time, translation fault happen at level 2.
> I'm just guessing that page table at hypervisor is not properly set.
>
> (XEN) Guest data abort: Translation fault at level 2
> (XEN)     gva=10000000
> (XEN)     gpa=0000000010000000
> (XEN)     size=2 sign=0 write=0 reg=6
> (XEN)     eat=0 cm=0 s1ptw=0 dfsc=6
> (XEN) dom3 IPA 0x0000000010000000
> (XEN) P2M @ 02ff6400 mfn:0xbfb20
> (XEN) 1ST[0x0] = 0x00000000bfb236ff
> (XEN) 2ND[0x80] = 0x0000000000000000
> (XEN) ----[ Xen-4.3-unstable  arm32  debug=y  Tainted:    C ]----
> (XEN) CPU:    0
> (XEN) PC:     803c2f6c

The xenvm-4.2.dts only works with Versatile Expresss, because the gic is not
mapped to the right address.

I have pushed a working tree for domU based on linux 3.9-rc3:
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/julieng/linux-arm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/arndale-domU-3.9

You can compile with:
make ARCH=arm xen_domU_arndale_defconfig
make ARCH=arm zImage

And the you just need to append the dts.

Cheers,

Julien