Re: [Xen-devel] Time Skewing on Windows XP

> wrote:
>> > So far, this patch allows me to get the correct timing on the XP.
>>
>> At the price of never stopping the periodic time - other than said
>> yesterday, _that_ was the main point of the flow change. I.e.
>> making the host wake up more frequently even on an otherwise
>> idle system.
>>
>> It ought to be possible to keep the timer off when unused by
>> the guest _and_ have the time remain stable...
>
> Sure, but right now, timekeeping in XP is totally borked.  So we should
> probably revert 620d5dad54008e40798c4a0c4322aef274c36fa3 until a proper
> fix can be found.

Hmm, perhaps (but then I'd like to try to keep the alarm timer
related changes in). In particular if your attempt to gate the
call to create_periodic_timer() on a flag was together with the
start time relative calculation that you had sent in patch form.
If it wasn't, it'd like to give that one a try first before going
the revert route.

Jan