[Xen-devel] Time Skewing on Windows XP

Hi,

While I was investigating the following issue on Windows XP (both 32-bit and
64-bit):

* AMD NPT performance regression after c/s 24770:7f79475d3de7
   Reference:http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=135075376805215

On the latest source form xen-unstable, I ran into an issue where the timing on
the HVM guests skewing about 2x slower than the actual wall clock time.  This
results in the system time slowing down. This is regardless of the cpufreq
governor scaling. (I tried with both ondemand and performance).

However, I don't see the same behavior on the Win7 HVM guests. Is this a known
issue. I assume that XP and Win7 uses different mechanism for keeping time
(e.g. rdtsc vs. HPET)?

Thank you,

Suravee