Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-ARM couldn't boot up

Hi Ian,
Thanks for answering my questions. I use gnome-terminal instead of xterm, now It works as what I want. I tried use motherboard.mmc.p_mmc_file=vexpress.img which I downloaded from linaro.  The terminal1 still has "VFS: Cannot open root device "mmcblk0" or unknown-block(0,0): error -6" issue. So I modified  CONFIG_CMDLINE="earlyprintk=xenboot console=ttyAMA1 root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=172.26.18.144:/srv/nfsroot/ rw ip=dhcp" in .config file  and re-compiled kernel.
I run it again but it still has the "mmcblk0 ..." problem. I was wondering how Dom0 kernel get the command line?

Thanks,

josh zhao

2013/3/6 Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 02:47 +0000, Josh Zhao wrote:

> (1) How I pass the FS image to Dom0 kernel?

-C motherboard.mmc.p_mmc_file=<filename>

> (2) I am wondering how to redirect model_shell's terminals output into
> a file?  Because I couldn't  copy the output from the terminals.

Can't you? The terminals are just xterm+telnet's to localhost, by
default port 5000+N but you can change that with -C
motherboard.terminal_0.start_port=FOO, I'd have thought cut-n-paste woud
just work. You could use -C motherboard.terminal_0.start_telnet=0 to
disable the automatic telnet and use whatever you like (e.g. netcat to a
file) instead.

I'm pretty sure all of this is in the fast models documentation and you
can see the list of options by passing the -l option.