Re: [Xen-devel] Will Xen 4.3 use upstream QEMU by default ?

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Ren, Yongjie wrote:
> Hi folks,
> >From the roadmap for Xen 4.3 development, Xen 4.3 will use upstream QEMU
> >(partially done).
> So I'd like to confirm the following questions.
>
> 1. Will Xen 4.3 really use upstream QEMU by default ?
>       I have the question because so far the xen.git tree still uses
> qemu-xen-unstable by default.

Yes, Ian has just resubmitted a patch:

http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=136215985105199

> 2. If 'yes' for 1st question, which QEMU upstream will be used in Xen 4.3 ?
>       In xen.git, upstream QEMU URL is "
> git://xenbits.xen.org/qemu-upstream-unstable.git".
>       but, the repository of pure QEMU upstream is "
> git://git.qemu.org/qemu.git".

git://xenbits.xen.org/qemu-upstream-unstable.git is the tree that is
going to be used for the 4.3 release. However development should be done
on git://git.qemu.org/qemu.git first, and once the patches are upstream,
backports can be requested to get features and fixes in
git://xenbits.xen.org/qemu-upstream-unstable.git.