Re: [Xen-API] [XCP 1.6 BETA] Upgrade to 1.6 switches network backend to Open vSwitch

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Markus Schuster <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:00:34 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:01:11 +0000
  • Followup-to: gmane.comp.emulators.xen.api

Hi Lars!

>  > but a note in  the release notes would be good.
> If somebody can help me put together a short description of what should
> be in the release notes, what the work-around is, etc. and I will add it
> to the release notes

Well, I don't have a real work-around as I only used some test environment,
but maybe something like:

--- cut ---
Linux bridging users please note: During the upgrade to XCP 1.6 the network
backend will be switched to Open vSwitch. Please revert any custom settings
to your network interfaces (eg. other-config settings for pifs) or ensure
(before the upgrade) your settings will work with Open vSwitch.
Should you use an unsupported bondig mode (like LACP), it might be an option
to delete that bond before the upgrade and recreate it afterwards.

Probably not perfect, but should describe the pitfal.

Regards,
Markus