Re: [Xen-API] [XCP 1.6 BETA] Upgrade to 1.6 switches network backend to Open vSwitch

> but a note in  the release notes would be good.
If somebody can help me put together a short description of what should be in the release notes, what the work-around is, etc. and I will add it to the release notes
Regards
Lars

On 19/10/2012 09:30, Markus Schuster wrote:
Hi,

one thing I discovered: When upgrading from XCP 1.5 (1.4.90) to 1.6 (61002c)
the network backend is automatically switched from bridge to Open vSwitch.
This is no bad idea in general, as Open vSwitch seems to work very well in
1.6, but if you configured an (unsupported) LACP bonding interface by
specifying some other-config settings for your storage bonding pif, you end
up with a storage bond that does not come up after the upgrade because Open
vSwitch doesn't like the options it gets passed in from the pifs other-
config settings.

I wouldn't rate this as bug (maybe the forced switch of the network backend
is?), as LACP was never supported in versions prior to 1.6, but a note in
the release notes would be good.

Regards,
Markus