Re: [Xen-API] This maillist status (xen-api@)

On 08/05/2012 05:40, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

On 7 May 2012, at 04:49, Lars Kurth wrote:

There has been a discussion and as part of the new xen.og website there will be a stackoverflow like Q&A system. An early prototype is out there already. See http://new-www.xen.org/index.php/community/xen-questions.html

Is there any reason not to just use ServerFault as the Q&A system, rather than deploy and maintain an equivalent on new-www.xen.org? There are already a fair number of Xen-related questions on there, and they could use more answers.
The reason why I believe we need to do this, is that today Xen has an issue connecting with its user base. A design goal for the new site is to create a motivation for Xen users to connect with Xen.org and sign up. The Q&A system is only one aspect of this.

Where we started doing this, for example with the new wiki, we are seeing new momentum. Most open source projects provide a place where the community (users and developers) can congregate in one place. This creates synergies between the developer and user communities. Xen has never really done this, and was always heavily biased towards developers. As a result users are scattered all over the place and it appears that we have much less momentum than we actually have.

As an aisde: new.xen.org  will eventually become xen.org

Cheers
Lars