Re: [win-pv-devel] New windows pv drivers question

Il 24/09/2014 16:57, Ben Chalmers ha scritto:

-----Original Message-----
From: win-pv-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:win-pv-devel-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fabio Fantoni
Sent: 24 September 2014 3:48 PM
To: Ben Chalmers; Paul Durrant
Cc: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [win-pv-devel] New windows pv drivers question

Looking at the logged output, I don't see any sign of the lite agent running -
is the lite agent service process ('liteagent.exe') running on the guest VM as
the SYSTEM user?
Are there any signs in the guest's system or application event log that the
lite agent process is having problems?
Ben
w32agent with x icon I see running in W8 now, show also
"@PRODUCT_NAME Interface Service".
Install drivers on W8 clean without old pv before and have same issues as W7
described before.
In windows system event show an error probably related to it:
The @PRODUCT_NAME Interface Service service failed to start due to the
following error:
Tomorrow I'll probably try also netback fix linked by Paul.
That suggests to me that liteagent.exe isn't being found by windows

In  the registry, Is the value of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xenlite ImagePath :
%SystemRoot%\System32\liteagent.exe ?

Yes

And does the file  c:\windows\system32\liteagent.exe (or using the equivalent
systemroot for your system) exist?

Yes

(and, if not, is liteagent.exe in the folder you installed xeniface from ?)

Ben