Re: [Xen-users] How to list the drives a DomU is using, and their types -- with or without a parition -- from the Dom0?

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 03:22 AM, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> Try xl block-list $DOMU?

That gives you something like

xl block-list 6
Vdev  BE  handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
768   0   6      4     16     8        /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/6/768
832   0   6      4     17     9        /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/6/832

How do map those BE-paths to a /dev/disk or /dev/mapper path that I can use in
an lvcreate command at the Dom0?

> This is not specific to Xen. I guess you can write a script to parse
> output from "kpartx -l"?

Ok, so nothing in the xen info has 'knowledge' about thar?  I have to test &
see, once I have the disk path?

> Why don't you just snapshot the whole volume, even if it has partitions
> inside?

 I want to tar.gz the result.  IIUC, I need the contents for that, right?

Bill