Re: [Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 15:36 +0100, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 15:06:35, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 14:07 +0100, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> > > With that, I can run, for example, the command 'xl list' and it lists
> > > Dom0 as a running domain (phew!). I hope to launch a DomU guest using
> > > 'xl create' command. I looked around the Internet to see if I can get a
> > > sample file for an ARM guest, but with no success. I'm a bit dazed at
> > > the number of options, which one's are required etc. Please could I
> > > borrow one that I can use on Versatile Express board?
> >
> > http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions#DomU_kernel_and_DTS
> >  has a simple example configuration.
>
> Thanks. I've copied the configuration made appropriate changes
> (attached). For Dom0, I'm using the same kernel as the Dom0, except that
> I've diabled Virtualization (therefore Xen too). I suppose that's OK?

I think you said dom0 too many times there. Was one of them supposed to
be a domU?

You need xen enabled in both dom0 and domU. In fact the easiest thing to
do is to use the same kernel for both.

> I'm executing the command 'xl -vvv create guest.cfg'. The command
> reports failing to start a console (logs attached). When the command
> returns, I can see that 'xl list' lists a domain named 'guest', but I've
> no way to connect to it, or to know whether it has booted properly!

The error messages suggest to me that you are missing some key piece of
generic infrastructure, like perhaps /dev/pts.

I'd strongly recommend you find a way to run udev on this platform so
that it can sort out the content of /dev for you (this was the cause of
all the missing device nodes which you tripped over earlier too).