Re: [Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 17:06:17, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-06-24 at 17:00 +0100, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> > >
> > > You need to execute /etc/init.d/xencommons start
> >
> > Hm OK, but more troubles:
> >
> >   root@(none):~# /etc/init.d/xencommons start
> >   Starting C xenstored....WARNING: Failed to open connection to gnttab
> >   FATAL: Failed to open evtchn device: No such file or directory
> >   Could not start xenstored
> >
> > Just to recap, I'm now passing init=/bin/sh; any dependent services
> > that would have otherwise started by upstart wouldn't have started
> > by now.  I'm not sure if there's something needed to be done before
> > this!
>
> These are missing drivers. You might need to run mknod a few times for
> the xen devices in /proc/misc, or arrange for udev to run somehow and
> do it for you.

Thanks. Having created the nodes manually, I'm able to start xencommons,
with one exception:

  Starting QEMU as disk backend for dom0
  /etc/init.d/xencommons: line 121: /usr/local/lib/xen/bin/qemu-system-i386: No
such file or directory

I'm not sure if this is a problem. I can't find any i386 binaries in the
file system.

With that, I can run, for example, the command 'xl list' and it lists
Dom0 as a running domain (phew!). I hope to launch a DomU guest using
'xl create' command. I looked around the Internet to see if I can get a
sample file for an ARM guest, but with no success. I'm a bit dazed at
the number of options, which one's are required etc. Please could I
borrow one that I can use on Versatile Express board?

TIA.

--
Jeenu

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782