Re: [Xen-users] BugFIX proposal (hvm and vif-routed)

On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 08:27 +0000, Steffen Heil (Mailinglisten) wrote:
> I am sorry, but I am quite sure, that that fix will not go into the
> repository as it is.
> The code quality will be too low.
>
> For me it IS a fix, because things work with it that didn't work without it.
> However it is more of a work-around than a real fix.
> Developers will probably want to fix the broken thing, not add a workaround.

I wasn't able to open the attachment so I can't offer any judgement on
it right now, so please post it as a patch to xen-devel following the
process in http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches and mention
that you consider it a workaround and not a proper fix, then developers
can advise on whether it is in fact OK or whether there are other better
approaches etc etc.

You should also probably check out the patches which Sylvain Munaut has
been posting to xen-devel over the last couple of weeks, they were
improving vif-* in various ways, although I don't know if there is any
crossover with the issue you are having.