Re: [Xen-users] xen on arch linux

On Mon, 2013-06-03 at 13:55 -0400, Sean Greenslade wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 05:53:10PM +0100, Daniel Shub wrote:
> > I thought about trying to contribute to the Beginners Guide[1], but I don't
> > know enough about Debian to help out on the Debian specific parts and I
> > don't know enough about Xen to help out on the Xen specific parts. I think
> > the Arch Xen wiki[2] is essentially the Beginners Guide but with a little
> > less Xen specific stuff and replacing the Debian parts with more complete
> > Arch parts. I guess maybe my hope was that some "downstream" wiki work
> > would eventually be useful upstream.
> >
> > [1] http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Beginners_Guide
> > [2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xen
> >
> (Please avoid top-posting)
>
> As I said, any contributions are welcome.

Likewise to wiki.xen.org but please be aware that due to an ongoing SPAM
attack we are having to manually give new users write permissions.
Either mail me your Xen wiki user name or ask on freenode #xendocs where
someone will take care of you.

WRT where to contribute to the Xen wiki, some thoughts:

Checking that all the subpages linked from
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Getting_Started lead to useful Arch Linux
advice (on either wiki) would be useful. e.g. checking that the Arch
entry on http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Category:Host_Install is up to date
etc.

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Category:Arch_Linux is a bit sparse. It's fine
to just link to pages on external wikis (we are happy for the content to
live on either and cross reference as needed) but it could perhaps stand
to be given a bit more structure and/or substance and perhaps track down
some other useful content. BTW I notice that 3 out of the 4 links on
that page are broken -- I suspect they are linking to wiki.xen.org when
the intention was for them to go to the Arch linux wiki.

Lastly there is the doc day TODO at
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days/TODO which has a bunch of
stuff on it which you might be able to tackle -- no need to wait for a
doc day.