Re: [Xen-users] xen on arch linux

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 05:53:10PM +0100, Daniel Shub wrote:
> I thought about trying to contribute to the Beginners Guide[1], but I don't
> know enough about Debian to help out on the Debian specific parts and I don't
> know enough about Xen to help out on the Xen specific parts. I think the Arch
> Xen wiki[2] is essentially the Beginners Guide but with a little less Xen
> specific stuff and replacing the Debian parts with more complete Arch parts.
> I guess maybe my hope was that some "downstream" wiki work would eventually
> be useful upstream.
>
> [1] http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Beginners_Guide
> [2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xen

(Please avoid top-posting)

As I said, any contributions are welcome. If you can only offer Arch-specific
advice, by all means add to the Arch Wiki. If you have something that is more
generalized (such as PCI passthrough, which in all likelihood does not depend
on the specific distro you are using), contribute it to the upstream wiki.

And never fear that you have too little to contribute. Even if you just fix
typos or add in a small suggestion, you make the wiki better as a whole
(ArchWiki or XenWiki or even Wikipedia). That's the point of wikis, after all.
And remember that the discussion pages are there. I know that there are some
good suggestions right now on the ArchWiki Xen discussion page. If you want to
test the suggested changes and add them to the main page if they work, that
would be another fairly easy way to contribute.

--Sean