Re: [Xen-users] ATI VGA Passthrough / Xen 4.2 / Linux 3.8.6

Update: Having read through some of the mailing list archives, I tried putting the secondary card being passed through into a different slot, in an attempt to make sure it is on a different PCIe bridge from other host devices (e.g. the host's primary GPU).

My subjective feeling is that this seems to have improved the reliability a little bit, but there are still BSODs occurring, mainly mentioning a timeout while waiting for the device reset on the GPU. Particularly when attempting to do some testing of the GPUs 3D capabilities (e.g. Crysis benchmark).

Does anyone have any words of wisdom on the subject of troubleshooting VGA passthrough device reset timeouts in the guest?

Gordan