Re: [Xen-users] A few technical questions

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 08:27:26 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 07:28:56 +0000

On 04/22/2013 01:56 AM, Sean Pryor wrote:

 > Graphics passthrough. I've read conflicting stories on this. Is it
possible to pass a host's primary graphics adapter through to a guest,
and have that guest output all graphics through it? In that case, it
seems it would require some functionality to switch the graphics adapter
back. Would this be handled by that VGPU mapping feature in XAPI? The
motherboard I was testing with lacked an IOMMU, so I was unable to test
it properly. If someone has a clear answer on this, it would be awesome

Considering I've spent the whole weekend getting secondary ATI GPU to work reliably when passed through to a guest VM, I wouldn't hold much hope for less documented/supported features working usably well when it comes to VGA passthrough.

Gordan