Re: [Xen-users] xen accessibility

Don Raikes <don.raikes@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

Hello all,

I am a blind system’s administrator/programmer/etc, and I wish to test out xen for running various vms.

I need to know if there is any accessibility support in xen (xcp in particular)?

I would need to be able to install xcp, and manage it and the vms installed on it without the use of the mouse or a display.

Can I specify which o/s is used for my dom0?

Don Raikes <don.raikes@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
>Can I specify which o/s is used for my dom0?

I'm not an expert with braille interfaces but i know that most linux distributions offer braille support.

Management of xen goes under a Dom0 which could be a linux or NetBSD.

Most linux distributions today offer xen so i would recommend to look for a braille friendly distribution of your choice and install xen "on top" of it.

As the xen HV starts "before" the dom0 it may possible that you can't get braille in the very early stages of the xen booting process, but not tested that.

hth a little,
good luck.

Niels.
--