[Xen-users] Stuck blkback

Hey guys,

We have had a few occasions in the past few months where a VPS will need a hard reboot.  After the command "xm shutdown" the VM would no longer boot.  I have traced this to the device mapper device having an open count of 1, and then to the fact that there is a blkback process running for a domain that doesn't exist.  I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the blkback device was for the VM in question.  I can't tell if this is a symptom or cause(the trouble with the blkback process) however I don't know of any way to close out that backend process without a reboot so it renders the LV unusable:/  Has anybody witnessed this behavior?

Thanks,
    Greg