Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-API] XCP and XenServer software stack versions.

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 05:11:57AM +1000, Joseph Glanville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing abit of research for the wiki and also to try debug some
> Windows guest driver issues.
> Would someone know what versions of Xen are included in the various
> XenServer and XCP versions?

Remember both XenServer and XCP have their "product patch queues"
which add a lot of patches on top of the xen.org releases.

For example XCP 1.1 (which is similar to XenServer 5.6 SP2):
xen-3.4.pq.hq - patch queue against tag RELEASE-3.4.2 in xen-3.4-testing.hg:
http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/XCP/1.1/xen-3.4.pq.hg/

and:
qemu-xen-3.4.pq.hg - patch queue against c/s 284d056851f7 of
qemu-xen-unstable.hg:
http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/XCP/1.1/qemu-xen-3.4.pq.hg/

and:
dom0 kernel:
http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/XCP/1.1/linux-2.6.32.pq.hg/

XenServer 6.0 and XCP 1.5 are based on Xen 4.1.x,
but still using Xenlinux 2.6.32 dom0 kernel.

> Specifically looking for something more accurate then major.minor.
> Also having accurate Linux kernel versions would be great also. (I
> assume both XCP 1.5 and XenServer 6.0 are using 2.6.32-pvops)

XenServer and XCP are using *Xenlinux* kernel, not pvops.
It's based on Novell/SUSE SLES11SP1 2.6.32 Xenlinux patches.

> Ultimately I want to draw up a compatibility matrix of GPLPV and
> Citrix PV drivers using this information + testing and provide
> compatible Xen changesets and kernels for people that want to roll
> their own but still be able to use Citrix PV drivers if they want to.

That would be nice to have!

-- Pasi